Thursday, July 4, 2019

Crowd-Sourcing

To me, crowd-sourcing is very entertaining. I can truly get lost in transcribing documents and images for hours. I also love the idea that people all around the world can help a single project. Zooniverse is one of the coolest crowdsourcing websites that I have come across. It gives you the option to work on not only historical transcriptions, but other subjects such as biology, medicine, and space. I decided to try out the space category to see what kind of transcribing could truly be done with the topic. The project I worked, titled Hubble Asteroid Hunter, had me look at Hubble images and identify asteroid trails. I was truly shocked at how versatile crowd-sourcing can be.

My project is coming along as well. I am adding more information on the buildings I marked. I have not yet settled on a certain appearance of the site. I think that once I can get the information done then I can mess with design elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS

One website that I have found very useful in completing my past historic preservation projects is the USGS Topographic Maps . This website i...