Sunday, June 30, 2019

Data Visualization

One type of historical data set that I found impressive is a weather data set. While it is not specifically history based, Weather Underground provides a look back into time of the weather on any day of the year, all the way back until 1930. It was quite surprising that they have the details of the specific temperature at any given time, amount of precipitation, and even wind direction! 

My final project is also coming along very smoothly. I have been able to upload all of my photos to the story map and organize them in the order that makes the most sense. I am still in the process of writing the details of the pictures but I have managed to label them all. My color scheme is also not final. I have just been messing around with the colors to see what would look best. Here is the link to check it out: https://arcg.is/CTH8S

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS

One website that I have found very useful in completing my past historic preservation projects is the USGS Topographic Maps . This website i...