Sunday, June 16, 2019

Project Proposal

For my final project I have decided to make a story map about the historic buildings in Colonial Williamsburg. I have always loved this period of time and to make my project, I will be traveling down to Williamsburg to take lots of pictures and learn about the various colonial buildings. The story map seemed to be the best way to showcase this information, specifically because I will have an aerial photo of the town with labels for all the buildings. I felt that if the viewers were able to see the location of the buildings, then it might be easier for them to understand the buildings context and proximity to others. The map will hopefully help others learn more about the sites even if they never get the chance to visit Williamsburg.

Libraries provide loads of information on various topics, but mainly information from their specific town or region. The Thomas Balch Library will likely be the most useful for locating historical documents and images. Unfortunately since my project is about a town in the south of Virginia, it is unlikely that I will find any useful information on their database. The library resource I will likely use will be the NOVA database or the Library of Congress online archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIS

One website that I have found very useful in completing my past historic preservation projects is the USGS Topographic Maps . This website i...